Monday, January 26, 2009

Going The Distance

Fiance (FI) and I have been together for 6 years. A year and a half of that were spent in high school. We were as serious as you can get for a high school couple and decided to at least try to stay together when we went to college. He chose Michigan Tech located at the edge of the Earth and I chose a small private college in semi-civilization. We have been nearly 500 miles apart ever since.

Odds were against us, especially since we both changed so much over the last 5 years. But we made it and are more in love now then we have ever been. Go figure.

Things had always seemed to be extra hard for us, so of course we couldn't graduate the same year. FI had done several internships at Caterpillar which tacked on an extra year for him. So there I was, graduated and there was NO WAY I was moving to the artic where he was. I lucked out for once, and got a great job close to my family in the same city I attended college.

This last year has been the hardest. Probably because we know it's so close to being over. It's almost like we're on autopilot with our only thought being "1 more year, 8 more months, 6 more months, 4 more months...."


View my wedding bio to see more about us and our upcoming wedding.
http://www.projectwedding.com/biography/list/sbiery

No comments: