Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Is Anyone Else Worried?

I will do my best to keep my political stance out of this, but I have to say that I am worried. Regardless if you stand right or left, I am hoping that the American people are seeking to understand what is going on in Washington DC and not just reading and accepting as truth.

It began with an apology to the rest of the world for the arrogance of the United States people. What? How does that make you feel? Do you feel as though our president is on your side? I feel slightly betrayed.

Following this, there have been a variety of other events that made me step back and say "is this really happening?" The most current being the release of interrogation tactics. Now, I may not believe in fighting (the sound of a fist hitting skin makes me cringe just thinking about it) and I am for avoiding wars when possible. But I know that this country must do certain things to keep me and my friends and family safe. And when harsh measures must be taken to ensure our safety, full speed ahead. Do I want to know about them? NO. Do I want those threatening my safety to know what will be done to them? NO. When a plane is flying at the Pentagon or major landmarks, do I want to play the nice guy? NO.

The United States of America is a Powerhouse. If we want to remain a powerhouse we need to act like one. Instead we are playing the part a naughty child who got their wrists slapped. We are apologizing and changing our behavior so fast, I worry that in several months it will be too late. The majority of The People, no matter if they call themselves liberal, democrat or republican, will stand dumbfounded wondering how we got here. Well, let me give you a heads up. The decisions and actions being made today will be the cause of your worry (if you're not already.)

No comments: